Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Cha-ching

My heart has been heavy today.

In answer to my prayers, I heard from a different Haitian attorney today (yea!), who IS on the U.S. Embassy's list of credible firms. I believe there are $$ in the spelling of his name. It's french, you know, so it's hard to pronounce, but I'm sure those symbols are dollar signs. His fees are $4,000 more than the original attorney's quote . . . there's gotta be some more stuff I can sell!

This month is do-or-die in the Edmunds' household. We gotta sell the house soon. We need one offer we can accept to end the double mortgage payments and put that money where it needs to go: towards Jimmy and Alby's adoptions.

I picked up the FedEx mailers yesterday when I had the fundraiser fliers printed, so I guess there is only one thing left to do . . . send the dossier to the interpreter without the power of attorney and send it later after we decide for sure (heavy sigh).  I really just want to get this process started in Haiti.

On another hand, I found out about an awesome opportunity to meet with other adoptive moms today. I am super excited to find out more about the Created for Care conference. Check it out! I think I may go :) 
 www.createdforcare.org

www.gotchagiftregistry.com



No comments:

Post a Comment