Monday, August 22, 2011

Recycling

So I've decided that I'm going to keep all the McDonald's, Wendy's, Burger King, Sonic and whatever other kids' meal toys come our way that I can convince my children to give up for the kids in Fondwa. Imagine opening a brand new something, meant just for you! While small (and frequently considered junk by our motherly standards), these toys and games will be welcomed with giant smiles by the little orphan hands in Haiti.

Since deciding this, I've already collected 2 Spongebob watches, 2 Trouble games, 2 other little games, and a pair of Sonic tater tot space dudes, all in their plastic wrapping. What?! No, we don't eat fast food that often . . . well, maybe we do with the help of grandparents.

Join me in my crusade to gather these little toys (i.e., nuisances that find their way into your car seats, couch cushions, under the bed, into the closet in the toe of your shoe . . . ) for my boys' friends in Haiti, please! Cabbage Patch Dolls, Tonka trucks, a trampoline, roller skates and big, bouncy balls don't pack so well.

www.gotchagiftregistry.com


No comments:

Post a Comment