Monday, August 8, 2011

Alone in the blogosphere?

I've decided that writing a blog and managing a journal for our adoption gift registry is very similar to trying to sell our home. You work hard to keep it clean and perfect, you hope someone looks, but unless you specifically receive feedback from your family, friends, or realtor, you don't know if it's worth it! It's a nice creative outlet and hopefully an effective way of communicating the events of our adoption journey . . . I hope someone besides me enjoys it!

I can't seem to get enough of the other blogs out there. I read the updates and follow the families through their paper chases, travels and final gotcha days and hope we follow the same path sooner rather than later. It's amazing to me the difference each family can make in the life of a child or children. It seems that adoption is either on your social radar or it is no where near it, but for those of us called to act on behalf of the orphan, there is no mute button!

We are down to the final steps for USCIS approval. Our home study should be complete and to us within the month, then one more set of fingerprints and we should attain our "golden ticket," as some have called it. I was very disgusted disappointed this weekend to hear from a potential interpreter for our dossier that the charge would be $0.17 / word. REALLY?! My autobiography is 6,900 words. That would put the cost of our dossier interpretation up there with our attorney fees - unbelievable / ridiculous / grotesque. Guess I'll do some more shopping around for that requirement.

With our US requirements almost met, it's time to mix some paint and get the boys' room ready!! Yippee :) I'm super stoked to have 2 more beds with little guy sheets and toys and clothes all waiting for them.
(Come on house, SELL! I need to get my boys here.) 

No comments:

Post a Comment