Tuesday, August 16, 2011

A Tiny Tuesday Note

Well, I got on the treadmill and had a casualty on day #1. While listening to my itunes, I increased my speed to 4.5 on a 3.0 incline, and caught my hand on the cord of my earphones. My phone fell onto the treadmill belt and was thrown against the wall, cracking the face, landing calmly (and expensively) under the exercise machine of cell phone death. Heavy sigh.

On a brighter note, my superb dad-in-law painted a bedroom for me today and by the end of this week, the boys will officially have their own room! Okay, so they don't know that or have any idea what that means, but it'll be ready for them!

I also had a very productive chat with our wonderful Adoption Finance Coach, Kelly, about our upcoming dinner and silent auction fundraiser. As much anxiety as the event planning has already caused me, I feel better now after being reminded to delegate and focus on the boys. "It's not about us, it's about the boys." Got it!

Tomorrow I am determined to get the certified copy of one of our vital records to the lockbox and get this I-171H thing movin'. Oh yeah, and my oldest child (he's really still a baby!!) starts first grade tomorrow. Wow.

I am so thrilled to see the love and support poured out on a fellow adopting mom and know that the road we are on is paved with blessings. God wouldn't have placed this yearning and the passion to adopt from Haiti upon my heart if he planned to let us struggle through the process. I'm not going to stress over this fundraiser now (well, not as much anyway). I'm going to focus on the love and support we already feel and make the event a celebration of Jimmy and Alby lives. Thanks Kelly :)

www.gotchagiftregistry.com

No comments:

Post a Comment