Friday, September 2, 2011

Authentication

Yesterday I had the privilege of experiencing the Secretary of State's office for adoption paperwork authentication. I entered full of enthusiasm, ready to get that official seal on "the big 4" and ship our dossier off to the interpreter today . . . but left disappointed. It seems the notary on our psychological evaluation is incomplete. You know that wording about "in the county of _____, so and so did before me appear and swear . . . blah, blah, blah" . . . it has to be there or the notary cannot be authenticated. Dang it. Now I get to experience the Secretary of State's office again in 7-10 days.

Instead of mailing off our dossier to be interpreted, I mailed the psych eval back to Parkville, from whence it came, for reprinting and re-notarization, and now I'll wait for it's return . . . over the holiday week. Heavy sigh

In the big scheme of things, I realize it is only one more week, but for my psyche, it was a let down. On a positive note, that fancy gold seal next to Robin Carnahan's signature sure is purty! I bet they'll like that a lot in Haiti :)

I'm getting restless about visiting the boys again too. It's been 6 months since we were in Haiti last, and I'm itchin' to return. I want to see my boys and take more photos of them to last me a while longer. I want to visit with the Sisters and do laundry in a tub by the garden. I want some of that yummy stout coffee and beans & rice with plantains. I want to make Alby giggle and see Jimmy's bright eyes. I want to hold them in my lap and try to talk with them in my limited Creole. I want to tell them they are mine and they already live in my heart.

I made a photo book on My Publisher the other day of our visit to Fondwa and added in some Jacmel photos, as well as photos of G and A here at home. I'm confident they won't remember that we've met before, but I hope that by showing them pictures of us together, they will start to make a connection. My kiddos here already know the boys by photos and stories, but G and A are strangers to Jimmy and Alby. I want to introduce them. I want them to know that we think of them and pray for them and are doing all we can to become family.

I really hope we can travel again in November.

www.gotchagiftregistry.com

No comments:

Post a Comment