Thursday, August 4, 2011

Testing

Hmmmm . . . I wonder if my gorgeous, talented spouse reads my blog . . .

Today is the day of our social work visit. I've been uber excited and ready to get this done so we can finish the home study process and get our paperwork to the translator . . . but now the day is here and I'm anxious. I know you've told us and they've told us that it's not about the cleanliness of my toilets or the amount of clutter in my home, but I felt the need to dust the baseboards anyway.

The kids have cabin fever from too many days inside this summer. Really, the record heat does nothing for parents of children with bikes in the garage, friends in the neighborhood, and big old dogs in the house who risk heat stroke as well (we've been down that road once and never want to experience it again, thank you.) Here's praying that swim lessons are enough to fulfill the kids today and they both take a nap resulting in sweet, respectful sibling interactions in front of the nice social worker lady (it's only 6AM and I may need some ibuprofen).

This week I'm feeling a bit of strain from all the plates I have spinning (they all are still spinning, right? I can't bear to look). It's been a rough summer for real estate and the reality of having two mortgage payments going into fall weighs heavily on us. Supposedly, with a break in the heat forecasted and rates being low again / still, the realtors anticipate more activity in the market . . . at least that's what they say in their pep talks (thanks for your efforts Caronna and Dee).

We have a date on the calendar for our "big" fundraiser to bring the boys home and the success of the event could greatly impact the timing of our dossier processing in Haiti. Ah politics . . . and finances . . . (headache). Oh, and volleyball starts next week which means three months of single parenthood for me and a lot of missing my husband.

About him . . . he's a pretty mellow, understanding sort of of guy, all in all. He gets that I have rough days at work occasionally and can't bear to discuss some of what I see at the children's hospital sometimes. Some evenings, mama just needs a moment of quiet and a short cry to let go of the pain I witness some children having to bear. I lift these patients up to the Heavenly Physician and try to understand that HIS plan isn't always clear to those of us on earth, and we can't rescue them all. I am so grateful for my healthy babies. Which brings me to this point: Eric and I used to talk about how many children we'd have one day. I said 6, he said 2. I said 4, he said 2. The boys aren't here yet, I know, but I feel as if they are already mine. There are so many orphans in this world and so many called to care for them. I hear that calling very strongly right now. My heart is easily overwhelmed by the calling. What a blessing to have the resources to care for the special needs child and provide a loving environment for them . . .

Check this out: http://www.anorphanswish.org

 

All I'm sayin' is that God calls us to do things we sometimes wouldn't choose for ourselves. If HE provides, who are we to say no? That's all I'm sayin'. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment