Monday, August 15, 2011

Wanna Be

I've decided that I am a great big Wanna Be.

I wanna be the mom who cooks for her family every night. I want to wield vegetables and ingredients in a way that my pickiest eater cannot refuse what I place on the table. I want to only buy organic and raise my children on hormone-free everything, eating only the freshest and most natural of foods.

I wanna be an exercise enthusiast. I want to wake up 45 minutes early and embrace the "me time" on the treadmill, swearing that I'm more energetic and full of stamina due to my daily work out.

I wanna be the mom who has her children on a schedule that they embrace, depend on, and appreciate to make the entire family run like a well-oiled team machine.

I wanna be like the moms whose blogs I read: beautiful, loving, firm in their faith, trusting in God to provide, calm in their discipline, knowledgeable in the Scriptures. I want to provide for my family and physically be present for all of their activities. I want there to be no doubt that they are loved unconditionally by their mama.

I don't wanna be scared . . . of missing the important moments because I'm trying to pay for our home or their activities or whatever. I don't wanna worry about contributing to attachment issues because I'm not able to stay home indefinitely with my adopted children when they join our family.

I wanna be Super Mom.

I know, I know.

I really just wanna be all that I can be, for my children, for myself, and for my Savior.

In another life, I think I was part of Doctors Without Borders or the Peace Corps or something equally noble and selfless. There is a part of me that could sell everything and go feed the hungry children of the world. But for now, I am called to be here - working for the kids at Children's Mercy, raising Grant and Addie to be loving, conscientious individuals, and loving on a couple of orphans who I can't bear to be without! Perhaps someday I'll join the ranks of those whom I admire . . . but for now, I'm still a work in progress!

www.gotchagiftegistry.com


No comments:

Post a Comment