Friday, April 27, 2012

Seasons

Yesterday was kindergarten enrollment day . . . for my Baby.
No, I didn't cry or get all mushy or anything. In fact, I'm a bit anxious to have the children together rather than spread out across town, to be honest.
She was a touch disappointed when I explained that we were signing her up for school, not starting school. We did get to meet a couple of the teachers and see the colorful and cool K-5 classrooms.



I also made an appointment for her to see an ophthalmologist friend of mine in a few weeks. For the past few months, when sissy is fatigued and it's late in the day, her left eye tends to wander inward occasionally. Just in time for kindergarten. My MD friend says she is likely far-sighted, to which I replied "um, okay," because my brain didn't immediately get the correlation, and then I thought "ooh, her brother is going to be so mad if she has to wear glasses . . . oh, my poor baby girl may have to wear glasses." Her brother is in the wouldn't it be cool to have a cast / wear glasses / need crutches stage. You remember, right? Like when we used to bend paperclips into fake retainers and put our gum at the roof of our mouths to create that dental fixture lisp. stupid I suppose it shouldn't surprise me, considering her daddy's vision, but the possibility likelihood of it stinks.

Anyway . . .
Another year has passed in the life of my little family. Kids are growing and flying past milestones. School years start and end, much to my husband's relief (he's a high school social studies teacher.) It seems like just a few years have passed since I was in Virginia in graduate school, living a honeymoon life with Eric by the beach. Then baby Grant came and life was so good to us in Joplin. Where did the years go?! Amazing how it flies. And now my 20 year high school reunion is upon me - eek! Funny to read about classmates who have their own seniors graduating and going off to college, while others are just marrying for the first time and starting or adding to their families. The seasons continue to change.


I'm coming up on a milestone of my own next week: another year older. My wish this year will be the same as my prayer each night . . .

Next year, I hope my house is twice as noisy and chaotic with two more mouths to feed and two more boys to snuggle on. I hope vacation time is spent as a family unit, rather than children with grandparents and parents in a third world country. I hope each challenge and milestone occurs on U.S. soil under one surname. I hope we continue to be blessed with good health, loving support, and awesome friendships!


(P.S. All these photos are stolen acquired from Pinterest, as usual)


No comments:

Post a Comment