Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter = Love

What a fabulous opportunity Easter is to teach my children's hearts about Jesus!

While I am slowly getting better at this, I have not been an open book with my children about God's love for them, and for that I am embarrassed and ashamed.

I grew up in Sunday school and attended a private Christian school where I learned Scripture, knew Bible songs and was trained in the laws of the Lord. I want my children to have that same background and guidance . . . from ME.

Like a lot of people, I strive to live my faith out loud. I don't want to be a Sunday Christian with a weekday heart. I want to live everyday as God's child, mirroring His love for me to others. I want to bring up my babies in His glory and His grace. I want them to be confident in their ultimate home after life on this earth.

I am so blessed to know my Father loves me. Look at how blessed I am!


God has blessed me with a husband that words cannot begin to tell of his wonderfulness! (Nice word, huh?) We have healthy children and a home waiting for two beautiful boys from Haiti. We have more than we need and are working on sharing more of it with others. What is there to not be thankful for?!

My focus is going to change. I want to teach my children about Jesus and His mercy and His unconditional love for them. I will do more than talk about "treating / talking to each other like you want to be treated / talked to." I will read them Bible stories and teach them about the saints who went before us. I won't leave it up to their overworked and overburdened preschool and Sunday school teachers to tell my children that they are loved by a Redeemer and Father unlike they can ever imagine. I will be an example of how to live praise and be thankful despite trials and burdens of life. I will show them love and acceptance and forgiveness more fully and obviously than I have been.

Easter is the perfect example of God's most generous love for us . . . and I, for one, do not deserve His mercy and His grace . . . but I am so very thankful for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment