Monday, February 13, 2012

What a Face!

It's amazing what you can find on Google. Take "Fondwa Orphanage," for example . . .
  • there are many photos of the destroyed Fatima House orphanage post-earthquake, January 2011
  • articles about Jamalyn Williamson and the work of Family Health Ministries in Fondwa
  • information about the Heart to Heart Clinic in Fondwa
  • a blog about the Edmunds' family's adoptions (hee hee)
  • information about Gotcha Gift Registry for adoptive families (linked to the Edmunds' family)
  • interviews with Father Joseph Phillipe and Sister Marie Carmelle
  • beautiful faces of little friends who live at the orphanage in Fondwa
After I recognized several faces from a collection of photos by Mr. Michael B. Moore, I decided to send him an email asking if he had any other pictures from the orphanage in Fondwa. This is what he sent me: my boy!

What a blessing and what a very small world we live in. (I can't seem to enlarge it here without it getting very blurry - must be how I saved it).

It seem like some families have unlimited resources to adopt and manage to move their time lines right along, but I know that a lot of those factors have to do with country of adoption, agency efficiency, and access to grants / funds / etc. It is difficult to stay positive and think of the end outcome rather than focus on the boys' current living conditions. I want to believe that we will have our boys soon . . . which is such a relative term. I want to feel joy for families who are bringing their babies home! It's hard not to be sad though.

Today was a snow day. Eric and the kids played and got out the sled and Grant's snowboard that Santa Clause brought him. And when I got home from work, I put on some layers, and we all went out again! I can't wait to show Alby and Dimitry snow :) I can't wait to hold them and love them. They don't know about bath tubs and Toy Story and Nerf guns. They haven't experienced footie jammies or pancakes or hot chocolate with marshmallows. I can't wait to be their mommy!

Holding onto the faith,

No comments:

Post a Comment