Tuesday, February 21, 2012

A good scolding

Well, last night I was scolded by a nun . . . but not the one that mattered.
Call me defiant. Call me a deviant. Say I'm a rebel or disobedient.

I Don't Care

Sister is much more alert. She is visiting with people who are traveling from all over the United States to wish her well, thank her for the presence she has had in lives and tell her how much she is loved.
She is holding tightly to her PCA delivery button (more power to her), but she's having conversations without being too short of breath to speak. She isn't falling asleep mid-thought. She's moving more in bed.

Is she rallying??

Could it be an answer to prayers? 

Please God, get her to Wednesday when Father Joseph and Sister Simone come from Haiti

Did I speak to the nurses about restarting IV fluids? Why yes, Sister, I did. Frankly, I'm not sure why you are bothered by that. Did anyone bother to ask her what she wanted? 

Is our patient more comfortable, more alert, more everything with a bit of hydration and some electrolytes circulating through her disease ravaged body? Why, yes, yes she is. 
Do I answer to you? No, I do not.

Along the lines of a good scolding . . .
our patient is giving those out too.

Do not cry. Do not be sad.

Even now, she reaches out to us.
Thank you for your prayers on Sister Carmelle's behalf.

(Perhaps I need a few too since I seem to be getting myself deeper into hot water with the local nuns.)


No comments:

Post a Comment