Sunday, February 19, 2012

Fly Away Home?

When you pray to a loving Father, sometimes miracles occur! And sometimes, He answers prayers not in the way we expect, but by bringing other loving  people into our circle.

There is a definite clash of cultures occurring: the United States' health and belief system, the Haitian culture and expectation for care, and the Catholic order of nuns whose beliefs and expectations do not always meld with either of the other two cultures.

I have been praying hard. I have asked for your prayers. I do not ask for healing or a cure, but for peace and the possibility that a Sister's final wish might be granted.

I have said many, many times "we know GOOD people." I have been blessed with the generosity, support, and friendship of men and women who understand my passion for orphans and the good works trying to be accomplished in an extremely poor Caribbean country.

Now, we strive to take a Sister home. Her Jesus calls her and she is almost ready.
Please continue to pray that His will be done in His time.
May our efforts be enough and pleasing to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment