Wednesday, October 5, 2011

A new month ahead

It's another Wednesday, but a long, long way from my last post.

My exhaustion and tears have been replaced by laughter again. Having one of my besties home from her vacation helps. (Aimee, are you REALLY going to leave me again soon?!)

We have gotten not one, but TWO offers on our house, one contingent and one non-contingent. The bank is happy. We are relieved. With a possible closing date of mid-November, I feel like I can breathe again.
(how cute are they fishin?)
Our paperwork returned from the interpreter (all hail Deb Blaz) and is now on a desk at the Haitian Consulate in Chicago. It is quite possible that by the end of next week, the dossier, in its entirety, will be on its way to Port-au-Prince.

And . . . our attorney contacted us this evening with his bank account information to wire him funds for his services . . . and it's Bank of America, our bank! Seriously?! How much simpler (is that a word?) can that be? We won't even be charged fees for the transfers! Hee hee

Now, lest you think our lives have turned all rosy, let me tell you that last Friday Eric's starter went out on his truck and the following day a window in my car broke. If not for the unbelievable ability of my father to fix anything, we would be out A LOT of money.

(that's my daddy)
We continue to feel the love, support and incredible generosity of those around us. The big fundraiser is a little over one week away, and as my mom puts it, it seems as if we are under attack. If it can go wrong, it is! My support system is being tugged on: the majority of my Haiti surgical team will be spread across the country at various conferences and meetings the weekend of our event, and a fair amount of the anesthesiologists that I work with will be at the ASA meeting. Fellow adoptive moms (who happen to co-own cool companies that have helped us raise funds towards are adoption) will in other countries doing wonderful things. I have invited surgeons, nurses, teachers, pastors, family and every friend that I have to come and join us in this official event supporting our adoption. My other besty lives thousands of miles away . . . but I'm happy and hopeful and eager.

(are those Wild Olive Tees? why yes!)
The items and gift certificates donated on our behalf are overwhelmingly awesome!

Tomorrow we make a trip into the USCIS for our final biometric profiling. That I-171H is on the horizon! As Colleen calls it, "the golden ticket" is not far off, I pray.

Plans for our next Haiti trip are in the works and I cannot wait to see and hold my boys again!

www.gotchagiftregistry.com

No comments:

Post a Comment