Thursday, October 6, 2011

What a FABULOUS day!

Today was a great day.

I woke up happy and was excited all morning long (the Kit Kat and cup of coffee I had for breakfast didn't help. I know, Weight Watchers would not approve.)

Mid-morning I received a message from our lovely realtor that we are officially "under contract."
Woo Hoo!!

Whilst at work, a dear friend and fellow medical staffer gave me a call to say he had a couple bags of clothes in his clinic for the boys . . . and books, and sweatshirts, and snow boots :)

My sister forwarded me an email she had sent to her friends and loved ones in support of our adoption that nearly brought me to tears right in the OR.

My super sweet girlfriend Heather relieved me from work early so I could meet my handsome spouse for our USCIS biometrics profiling. (hee hee) 


(I only managed one photo before being threatened with phone confiscation. Geez people! This is a big deal here. Gotta document it!)

I got to see my Aimee for a few minutes at her place of work (I wish the lighting in my workplace made me look that good! What a lovely gal.)

So then, I get home and am preparing for an evening with my children when the doorbell rings . . .
expecting it to be a neighbor friend, my little guy goes to the door and announces a truck is out front. Lo and behold! It's FedEx. For me?!
The paperwork I sent to the Haitian Consulate in Chicago on Monday night is stamped, legalized and back in my hot little hand already!

So here we are, one week away from the big fundraiser, dossier complete and ready to ship to the attorney in Port-au-Prince.

Things sure are looking up -
towards heaven, in fact :)

Wow God!

No comments:

Post a Comment