Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Getting Closer!

We are just one reference and one doctor's note away from being able to turn in our home study!!

On June 27th, the US State Department stated that an international committee was meeting with the new leadership of Haiti to work towards bringing the country into the Hague Convention. What great news for the orphans of Haiti!

Eeek!!! We need to hurry and get our paperwork completed and into the Haitian pipeline to avoid more paperwork, delays, and much, much more cost to bring our boys home.

We almost had an offer on the house this week (I know, that's kind of like being "almost pregnant"), but they weren't serious and couldn't come anywhere close to our new, improved (& much lower) asking price. I know there is a plan in place here, and I'm trying to remain faithful in believing God's hand is in control . . . but being patient is just not in my nature.

I tell myself that once our paperwork is complete and out of the US approval process, I'll be less stressed because it will be 100% out of my control . . .
do you know me?! Exactly. Again, not in my nature to be relaxed about such things.

On the fourth, we sat with friends on the dock and watched fireworks - one adult per one child = maximum safety. I had to smile thinking of Jimmy and Alby experiencing boats and fishing and feeding the ducks and fireworks over the lake :) Oh, and smores

 

Is there anything as tasty and ooey gooey as smores in Haiti? Not in my experience, but then again, I'm no expert in the field.


Man, I can't wait to bring those little guys home! (Tee hee)




No comments:

Post a Comment