Saturday, August 18, 2012

A Plea for Prayer Warriors

 For anyone who has bitten their fingernails down into the quick and cried themselves to sleep over adoption stress, you'll understand the urgency of this post.

On August 16th, Haiti's IBESR reopened for adoption dossiers
for 30 days only.
Attorneys and agencies have a window of 1 month's time to submit dossiers before IBESR will, once again, close and then reopen at the end of October under the Hague Convention rules & regulations.
That's the plan, anyway.

In a nut shell, for us that means the loss of a lot of money and starting the process near the beginning with an agency.
It may also mean the loss of Dimitry . . . that remains to be seen.

Our paperwork has been sitting in Port-au-Prince since October 21, 2011 where it has gathered dust, waiting for one, single piece of paper.
Despite obtaining legal parental relinquishment from Dimmy's father, we have had no proof of maternal status . . . which, is apparently the end all in Haiti.

I have prayed.
I have pouted.
I have recently been grieving and feeling helpless, soaking in self-pity at the loss of this child's potential future.

You see, if we are unable to obtain a death certificate for this child's mother, he will be labeled unadoptable.

So
very
wrong.

I am asking
no,
I am pleading
for your prayers.

Not only for our family and my child in an orphanage in Haiti,
but for ALL the orphans in Haiti.
So many families' hopes and dreams are tied into this time frame.
So many what ifs exist right now.

Please join our family in the inundation of prayers for Haiti's orphans.
There really is only One Being who has control over the fate of these children,
and while HIS plan is unknown to us,
I cannot believe that He wishes for his children to live a life that continues the cycle of poverty.

Starting today, the self-pity and depression stops.
No more tears and sadness,
napping and knoshing.
Off the couch and off my butt.
I will take care of myself and get serious about caring for the body God has given me,
while praying intently for the bodies and souls of His children in Haiti.

I may not have the power to push paperwork through in a foreign country . . .
I may not have the ability to feed thousands
or provide life-sustaining care to children who have little,
but I can pray
and I can fast
and I can be an example of God's love on this earth
while supporting organizations and charities that do have the power to make a difference.

On October 6th, Eric and I will participate in the 2nd annual
Hope for Haiti 5K in Kirkwood, Missouri.
100% of the registration fees and donations from this event go towards The Haiti Orphan Project's building of a school in Village de Vie, Haiti.


People, working together, can make a difference.
People, praying for a miracle, can make a difference.

Please, please join us in this endeavor.
Prayer can change lives . . . I believe this
and I'm asking for your help.

We need a miracle.
My son needs a miracle.


No comments:

Post a Comment