Friday, August 3, 2012

A Few Changes

You may notice some changes if you've read this blog before.
Some pictures have been removed.
Icons have been rearranged.
Priorities have changed.

IBESR has not reopened . . . which doesn't matter to me now anyway.
It's time to rearrange.
We will no longer be allowed to pursue an independent adoption in Haiti.
I am fervently searching (and begging) for an agency that can assist us in completing our adoption of Dimitry.
I have accepted that we are not meant to have Alby in our family. There are too many "obstacles" that we cannot overcome and no amount of praying, bargaining or crying will change that.

I cannot
I will not
accept that Dimitry is destined to spend his childhood in an orphanage when we love him and want to provide him a forever home.

I do believe that we are called to care for the fatherless.
I believe that my heart was called to Haiti for a reason.
Perhaps several different reasons.

I am sure that the blessings in our lives were given to us to share
and that orphan care is my heart's desire.




I will continue to pray
and believe
and hope
that a way will be found to bring our boy home . . .
and I believe that,
if not Alby, than another child,
waits for us in Haiti.


There are things I love
things I cherish
things I believe are worth fighting for
and I'm a long way away from giving up.

No comments:

Post a Comment