Sunday, May 20, 2012

Connecting

So, I downloaded some legal forms to put together a simply stated parental relinquishment form to take with us to Haiti. As we have been unsuccessful in our communication efforts with our attorney, I decided to take the bull by the horns and arrive with something in hand.

We have the most precious and wonderful interpreter, who not only has a fabulous turn around time on her professional translations, but goes above and beyond consistently.

Case in point: I asked her to perform an "emergency" translation for us so these forms are ready to travel when we are, and I included a birth certificate so that she could decipher the child's biological mother's name.

She translated Dimitry's birth certificate into English for us!!

I cannot begin to describe the emotion I felt reading the document and understanding it completely for the first time. To have another connection to my son's history brought tears to my eyes.

Deb, you truly are The Best.

No comments:

Post a Comment