Sunday, November 6, 2011

Orphan Sunday

Today, November 6, 2011 is Orphan Sunday.

I want to share something so beautifully written and so lovingly posted that it literally brought tears to my eyes:
http://www.thefarmerswifetellsall.com/2011/11/when-orphans-become-sons.html?showComment=1320588769648#c2130296104871882597
"When orphans become sons" filled my heart this morning, and I haven't even left for church!

Last night Eric and I had the wonderful fortune to visit with Sister Claudette from Fondwa. She is one of the nuns from the order that cares for our boys. Being with her, I was so filled with excitement and love and overwhelming joy, so close to our connection to Jimmy and Alby.


In just two weeks, I will pack for a short trip to Haiti to see the children who God has put on my heart to call sons. I want to hold them and love them and feed them (lots!) and play with them . . . but I know they are not quite ready for that.

When Sister Claudette returns to Fondwa today, she is going to talk with Sister Marie Carmelle about getting the boys' birth certificates, parents' death certificates / relinquishment paperwork to our attorney. We are so much closer to bringing them home, but still so far away.

Today, on Orphan Sunday, I pray for all God's lonely and orphaned children, not just my boys.

Realizing that there are 143 million children in this world who have lost one or both parents, that each year 12 million children become orphans, and in the U.S. alone, 25,ooo children age out of the foster care system with no family to belong to or a place to call home, I pray for God's love to take hold of Christian hearts and cause a stirring that makes people want to act.


www.gotchagiftregistry.com

No comments:

Post a Comment