Thursday, November 3, 2011

I love mail

Yesterday I had planned to post that the Haiti adoption discussion boards are all a-twitter due to a new Director of IBESR being appointed.

"What does this mean?!"

Will this new person adjust the current standards? Enforce the rules of the 1974 decree? (which really does not affect us, but has to do with age of prospective adoptive parents, number of biological children at home, and length of marriage) Will the change delay paperwork already in IBESR? Will families be grandfathered in IF changes are made?

My dear old friend (and I mean that we have been friends as long as I can remember, not that either of us is old) told me this yesterday: Stay positive. It is good news. It would seem that God is putting the people in place to help you accomplish everything.

Wow. What else needs to be said?

Today came more news . . .
We received our official congratulatory letter from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services on approval to adopt internationally.

I love mail! Official mail that comes from the USCIS and has words like congratulations and approval on nice letterhead, anyway!

What a good day.

www.gotchagiftregistry.com

No comments:

Post a Comment