Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Another month passes


This week, almost one year from when we first met Sister Carmelle during her trip to Kansas, Sister Claudette is near by and I am sooooo excited to see her! The months since we've seen our boys have been too long and I'm anxious to return to Fondwa very soon. It's very difficult to imagine how they've grown and changed since February, and even more so to think how much they will grow and change after coming home.

Our paperwork is with the attorney in Port-au-Prince in Haiti and he is waiting to receive the boys' birth certificates and any other documents the Sisters have for them. We have paid half his fees, as required to get the ball rolling, and daily I answer the question "when will you get the boys?" Oh, how I wish I knew.

I know in my heart there is a plan for our family. I know that the timing will be right despite my feelings of urgency and impatience. I know that my prayers for Jimmy and Alby's safety and health are being heard and that they are in His hands.

We should close on our house this month and finally be free of that burden. Our ability to save for the remainder of necessary fees, immigration processing, traveling and passport / visa stuff should be easier. I'm going to start working on their room. (hee hee)

I'm looking forward to beans and rice and plantains for Thanksgiving this year, and sincerely hope that next year, I can introduce my boys to pumpkin pie!


www.gotchagiftregistry.com

No comments:

Post a Comment