Monday, April 21, 2014

Yeah,
so we have heard NOTHING.
Not a "sorry ma'am"
or a "we need more time to review"
or even a "your file is incomplete."

It seems that, where our adoption file is concerned,
we don't muster enough respect to require return communication.

Three years in to the paperwork process (3 1/2 years total),
and you'd think I might be used to long periods of silence
without any regard for months passing without updates . . .
but no,
not so much.

In fact,
now that it is OUR government holding this process up,
it feels even more agonizing.

I don't understand why our son's file cannot earn the courtesy of a reply by this point.

I caved and asked for assistance from a congressman's office,
after hearing repeatedly that helped others' who were "stuck."
I even contacted our stateside agent and asked her to contact the Haitian office.

I am out of ideas.
Some days, it feels as if I am also out of hope.

Is he ever really going to be allowed to come home?



No comments:

Post a Comment