Monday, March 10, 2014

Wow, I didn't realize it had been so many days since I updated . . .

I'm back in the zone of telling myself,
each and every day,
that I CHOOSE to be hopeful
and have faith that word will come regarding Dimitry's USCIS approval,
but at the end of the day
(more accurately, at the end of the Haitian business day, 
two hours ahead of our time zone),
I find myself disheartened and discouraged and feeling defeated once more.

How hard can it be to approve legally attained documents for a child who has lived in an orphanage for 3/4 of his life, with no biological parent interaction?

Why are some able to pass through USCIS in three weeks, submission to approval??

Is it because we lack agency representation?
Is it because the orphanage is remote and holds no creche' licensure?
It is because others have taken advantage and illegally obtained documents, so all files are being scrutinized?

Let's be clear,
I don't care why,
I want this done and over-with and my child home.

No one deserves to be teased with a stable family in an affluent country for 3 1/2 years.

No child should meet a mother and father and brother,
hear that he is loved and wanted,
then left in an institution with 60+ other children,
month after long, stifling month,
wondering if he misunderstood or if circumstances have changed.

post-earthquake rebuild
the new orphanage in Fondwa



I realize that dear friends and others who walk this journey want to be informed,
but it is the lack of communication, day after day, after year,
that keeps me from posting more often.

He should've been home a long time ago.
There is nothing questionable or curious in his file, that we are aware of.
Our 4 year old baby boy in the pink boots
is now 8 and still needs a family.



I wish I had something more encouraging to post,
but for now,
it's the same ol', same ol' story
of waiting and wondering.

One of these mornings,
I'll actually check my email at work and have something to rejoice about.

In the meantime . . .









No comments:

Post a Comment