Thursday, March 7, 2013

Back to Haiti

My mood has improved some as I had a personal Haiti fix.

Once again, I was blessed to join my peers from Richmond and Boston in Jacmel, Haiti for a week of surgery.
What a fabulous crew

Dear friends and a blessed facility where new relationships were forged, filled my cup.
I was a little overdue.
I've decided that salt water, a little sea air and some Caribbean humidity is good for the soul.
Not to mention, rice and beans, plantains, mango and that excellent dark Haitian coffee . . .
Oh, the coffee

40 surgeries were done in 4 days.
Bassin Bleu was hiked,
by some.
Not me, but some hiked it.
I went up in a truck and then hiked.
It was awesome.

Having the opportunity to love on some sweet brown skinned babies did me good.
I did not see my boy, but being close still warmed my blan heart.

So, why didn't I see my little guy?
Because in the business of our surgical schedule, I would have had a couple of hours, at the most,
on one day to visit with him and hold him,
and frankly,
that's not fair to him.

 But, 
We are going back very very soon,
and this time,
my sons will meet.
 +

I am giddy with excitement over seeing my two boys on the same turf.
Toe to toe,
chocolate and vanilla.
hee hee 
I can hardly stand it :)







No comments:

Post a Comment