Wednesday, February 27, 2013

You have got to be kidding me

So, once again, I am behind . . .

Here's where we will start:

A few hours after my last post,
and after forwarding the notification from USCIS to our attorney in Haiti,
I received word from him that there is a misspelling on Dimitry's birth certificate, thereby causing our file to be pulled from the president's desk, where it was awaiting dispensation.

But do not fret. 

They will "correct the issue and expedite (our) file across the president's desk."
Wow. They will EXPEDITE it.
Thank goodness, because I was a little concerned.

Is that laughter I hear??

Never mind that I had been hearing for two weeks in January from multiple families who entered IBESR on the same date as we did who exited WITH presidential dispensation.
Despite my usual glass is 1/2 empty personality, I was certain we were out of IBESR too. Yahoo (right?)


Yeah, right.
OMG.
Are you kidding me?!?!

So instead of hearing that we are headed for MOI, we are idling in neutral again.
Unbelievable.

I couldn't even have 24 hours of happiness and joy regarding our adoption process.
After months and months of no communication,
the only good news I've received was quickly followed by gloom and doom.
Unbelievable.
Oh, I already said that? Well, you should've heard what I saying (through massive sobbing) that night at home.

The attorney did reassure me (ahem) that we should still be able to keep our appointment at the embassy.

Wow.
Inflated, then deflated, just as quickly.


No comments:

Post a Comment