Sunday, March 4, 2012

Control Issues

While this may sound strange, one of my favorite books is Elisabeth Kubler-Ross' The Wheel of Life. I'm honestly not sure how many times I've read it. This physician literally transformed the way death and dying is approached for the terminally ill.

I wish I had more power to help those I love who face the end of life.

There are so many factors in our society that determine who receives care and for how long. Hospice services and facilities exist, but at what cost? Who covers the care for those without the means the pay?
And if the funds run out, then what?

When someone says If I cannot function productively, then I want to die, what do you do or say?

What do you do when your loved one finally seems peaceful and more comfortable, and then the plan changes again?

It stinks not having the control.

No comments:

Post a Comment