Sunday, January 15, 2012

Home is where my heart is . . . divided

Last night I returned from a week of doing surgery in Jacmel, Haiti.
I have been so incredibly blessed with friends and peers in the medical field who not only share my passion for caring for the people of Haiti, but also support my family in our journey of adoption.
I am still tired this evening, after visiting with my church family, completing my travel laundry, getting the house filled with groceries and taking a little nap.
I've been snuggling two of my babies and missing two others.
My good friends who made up the Kansas City portion of our surgical team traveled with me on Friday to visit Dimitry and I am so happy they did. It was good to share our experience through more than just photos and words. My boy looked so handsome!
As always, it was difficult to leave him, but I have returned home with renewed energy to get him home. I pray that 2012 is the year . . .
This morning at church, we heard about racial justice and discussed poverty and what we, as Christians, are called to do about this global issue. How perfectly appropriate following the week I just had.
I'm too fatigued to write much tonight, especially since I'm headed back to work tomorrow . . . which stinks, being that my hubby and two lovely children will be home from school. Oh well, there is work to be done.
When I'm rested, I'll write more and hopefully share some photos from this past week.
Thank you for your prayers and your support of our family during my travels.

No comments:

Post a Comment