Monday, January 2, 2012

A fresh start

Okay, I am a bit behind.

Christmas came and many celebrations left us blessed with family time, tasty food and lots of stuff.

We are finally a one mortgage family again (Thank you God!) and I am looking forward to breathing normally again.

A week or so ago, it occurred to me that I've been doing a lot of worrying lately. I've been concerned about the house closing (that was scheduled three times before it finally happened) and the costs of Christmas and year end taxes before us.
I've been stressed about the excess in our lives and the "need" to buy gifts and show our appreciation for everyone through stuff, while our boys remain institutionalized in a third world country.
I've stared at the dark ceiling at night wondering what can be done to accelerate this political paperwork hell that is adoption.
I've worried about my weight and eating right. I've worried about my children, here and there. I've worried about neglecting my spouse in this busy season that is supposed to be filled with love and wonder and excitement.
I stated, more than once, that I needed just a little more time to feel the Christmas spirit this year.

Then it hit me . . .
Why am I worrying so much?

Where is my faith?

Where did that calm quiet go that reminds me to Let Go and Let God? What happened to letting Him take to reigns and guide me?

This isn't for me to worry about. He brought us here and it is He who will guide us through the process.

His hand is in this adoption and His hand is in my life. These children are His; I am their guardian.


2012 is a new beginning. I am hopeful and I pray that this is the year our family grows by two. I am excited to prepare for them, physically, emotionally, financially and spiritually. He has opened many doors for me and this family the past two years -- I can't wait to see what He has in store for us again!


No comments:

Post a Comment