Friday, May 6, 2011

My first blog :)

Here I go, entering another domain of social media . . .
First, let's talk about the name of the blog, shall we? Cupcakes, Beans & Rice, huh? Yep!
I recently celebrated another birthday and am excited to embark on the adventure this year is sure to be. We are armpit deep in home study paperwork, getting fingerprinted, scheduling psychological evaluations, writing checks until my hand cramps . . .
The sweet and savory mix of life as I currently know it involves anxiety, a lot of faith, stress, inquiry,  frustration, pure joy, sadness, anticipation, trepidation, hope, and much love. My babies are growing up so quickly right before my eyes, and as the months seem to pass too quickly watching them sprout, time seems to crawl as the stack of "suggested" reading for our adoption process mounts.  Grant and Addie are my cupcakes,
adding sweetness, and sometimes a little mess, to my days. They make me laugh. They melt my heart with kisses and hugs. They remind me how extraordinarily blessed I am when other parts of the world seem hard.  Jimmy and Alby are my beans and rice.




I hope beyond hope that we will soon be a family under the same roof, but until then, they are already "our boys" in my heart. I will continue to pray for patience, guidance along this path, good health and safety for J and A, and abundant blessings upon the Sisters and orphans in Fondwa. There is so much to be thankful for and so much work yet to be done!

No comments:

Post a Comment