Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day!
What a blessing to be born into a loving family, embraced by a mother's arms, held, comforted, LOVED.  (We are even more blessed to have 3 Grandmas for our children!)


It is beyond my ability to imagine life in an orphanage, relying on other children and the few Sisters who provide care to give me hugs, reassurance, build my self-confidence and esteem. Even the ducks in my neighborhood waddle in groups . . . a sense of community, belonging, purpose, and family.  How fortunate am I to have all the comforts and support I could ever imagine!

In our house, Eric has declared a "no fighting" rule today - yeah, we'll see how many minutes that lasts. We're heading to church and then planning to grill some meaty yumminess for lunch before enjoying this sunny day (& hopefully a nap).

What are my boys doing today? Having a bread and possibly banana breakfast? Watching the older children do laundry in large bowls and lay the articles of clothing on plants, rocks and the ground to dry in the sun? Perhaps they will run and play, hopefully have full tummies of rice and beans at bedtime, and awake ready to walk that very long path to school tomorrow. If they are fortunate, it may not be raining, making that path even harder in the mud. I pray that next year on this little holiday, they will be settled into our family and my blessings as a mother will be even greater.


"Although you may not have grown inside my belly, you have filled my heart."

No comments:

Post a Comment